Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Dec 7, 2010

{Hanging Pitchers}

A few days ago I stumbled upon this post from Becky at Beyond the Picket Fence and it stopped me dead in my tracks. It's been a long time since I've seen something I love SO MUCH! 

I've always loved pewter pitchers and creamers but have never been able to figure out how to use them in my decorating. But then I saw this post and knew I had to have my own set of hanging pitchers immediately. So I ventured out with my 2-year-old in tow and hit the local thrift stores on half-price-day. Less than an hour later we came home with five metal pitchers and creamers, along with a grab bag of various floral scraps (I could tell there were a lot of red berries in there...one of my passions in life), all for a total of $15! I put my little one down for her afternoon nap and got to work on my project. By the time she woke up I was done! It was such a fun and easy project.


I hanged it in front of a mirror above my mantel (to copy Becky even further), and I love the way it reflects.


Pewter pitchers with red and silver berries...this combination will be included in my heaven. Along with Wallflowers plug-ins from Bath & Body Works. And Stephen's Hot Cocoa. And Coldplay.

--Tammy
p.s. Annie hates Coldplay. She'd want me to make that clear.

Pin It

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute!! I would have never thought one could be creative with pitchers!

NYNYStake said...

This is so clever. If I ever live in more than a 325 square foot Manhattan apartment, I'm going to drag out Mom's silver pitchers. Thanks for the great idea. And btw, I really like Coldplay. It help me workout with higher intensity than I normally would...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...