Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Mar 3, 2011

{Dollar Tree Mantel Vases}


The other day I decided it was time to liven up my mantel.
I visualized two simple vases with greenery, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money.

I remembered seeing these clear glass vases at Dollar Tree, so I headed there to pick them up.
While there I found a few other things I thought would work:


2 bags of white decorative container filler
1 package of floral foam
4 bunches of green berries
And of course...the two vases

I used a serrated knife to cut the floral foam down to a small-enough size to fit in the vases, then placed them in the bottom, stuck the greenery picks into them, and then filled up the vases with the little decor filler balls*.

{*Let me warn you...these little suckers are made of styrofoam, and they are charged up with static electricity, so they will stick to your fingers, your clothes, the inside AND outside of the vases, the outside of the plastic bags they came in, the countertop, the floor, and even your hair. It might be our dry Colorado climate, but it took a long time to get these little buggers to go into the vases! I'm sure it would have been a sight...I'm so glad I was home alone so no one could laugh at me or hear the foul language that may or may not have been spewing forth from my lips.}

I glued some grey grosgrain ribbon around the vases for a finishing touch, and then put them on my mantel and loved them.
Just the look I wanted...simple, fresh, green....and the best part?
I only spent $9.  


Dollar Tree rocks!


--Tammy

*Please click HERE to see the lovely linky parties we participate in!*

Pin It

3 comments:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

LOVE dollar tree :) Your vases look perfect on your mantel.

aggieam01 said...

Beautiful! Looks very fresh :)

Carolyn said...

Dollar tree mantle vase looks fantastic. And very easy. Lovely

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...