Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Mar 21, 2011

{Book-Page Brooch}


Since it was my turn to host Book Club this month, I thought it would be fun to make a little gift for my book club friends. A Book-Page Brooch seemed appropriate.

I found this great tutorial at Under the Table and Dreaming on how to make beautiful book-page rosettes. They were surprisingly easy and fun to make!

I added a couple of leaves, hot-glued some white felt to the back, then glued on a pin, then another small piece of felt to finish it off...and now it's a cute little brooch!


I "served them up" alongside Barefoot Contessa's to-die-for Lemon Bars (they're thick and really tangy).


We had an enjoyable evening discussing The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton...I highly recommend it!



Happy First Day of Spring!

--Tammy

*Click HERE to see the lovely linky parties we participate in!*

Pin It

12 comments:

danandcami said...

what a cute idea! I bet everyone loved book group at your home!

Ang @ Taking a Sunday Drive said...

I may use this idea when I host book group..or a ladies dinner!

Anonymous said...

Not only does this make me want to make pretty brooches... It REALLY makes me want to join a book club! =)

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

These would make such sweet giveaways at a book-themed bridal shower!

Ali Richardson said...

Those are SO SO adorable!! Great job, I bet your book club guests were thrilled!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your rosettes!!! That's an awesome way to reuse old books! Thanks for sharing! :)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a sweet idea! The book page brooch is so very cute!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Seriously--with book pages?! You are amazing!!

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Beautiful!!!! I love these!
I'd love it is you linked up to the Glittter Blog Link Party!!http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/glitters-first-linky-party_22.html

Sachiko said...

This is such a fun idea! I love it!

Katherine said...

What a wonderful idea for a book club! They look awesome! Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty With It!

Lindsey said...

Love these! I love using old book pages--I am definitely bookmarking this project! Would love for you to join my linky party.

http://www.inspiringcreationsblog.com/2011/03/friday-favorites-linky-party_24.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...