Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

May 2, 2011

(BLOSSOMS FRAME + printable for Mother's Day}

Looking for a quick and easy Mother's Day gift?
Well, look no further...


I found this unfinished frame at Michael's for $1.00.

I spray painted it glossy black, hot glued a few simple rosette blossoms made from fabric scraps (see a great tutorial here) and some loose pearls, and inserted a quote that will have meaning to our mom.

One of her favorite songs is "I Often Go Walking," a song we often sang as children at church around Mother's Day. Annie used her mad skillz to turn the last line of the song into art, so I printed it out and framed it. I then used some fabric scraps to hang the frame from.


I think our mom is gonna love it!
(I told her not to read our blog this week, so shhhhh....)

--Tammy

* * * * * * * * *

Here's the quote image if you'd like to print/use it for yourself:


Pin It

6 comments:

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

Thanks for this simple, but so cute gift idea. Your mom's sure to love how you remember that special song!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

LOVE it!! Sharing it on my facebook girls :)

Kara @ www.mineforthemaking.com

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

This is fabulous!

Sharing on FB, too! ;)

www.she-wears-flowers.com

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet and simple, looks amazing! Thank you for sharing =) x

marie said...

very cute and affordable.
thanks for the inspiration.
marie

Love Sweet Love said...

I just found your blog and oh my goodness, I love this idea!!! One of my mom's favorite songs as well, and I smile just thinking of her singing it to me as a little girl. Thank you so much! AND I totally just spent forever perusing your blog, maybe I should just become a follower! :)
-Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...