Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Feb 21, 2011

{Cork Board Makeover}


I've had this cork board hanging up in the office above the computer desk area since we moved into our tiny little condo 16 months ago.

It was new when we bought it, despite the nicks and gouges you see here. 
These little buggers are quite fragile!
(helpful hint:  don't stick anything up with tape)

I hated the look of it.
The orangey "wood" frame and the boring brown cork itself -- ugh.
I pretty much just covered it with stuff to block it out.


Today, I decided enough is enough.
I'm going to make that baby shine!

My original plan was to not only paint the lines on the cork, but also to paint the wood frame in a bright turquoise.  Unfortunately, the finish on the "wood" frame does not accept paint! Since I don't own a power sander that I could use to sand it down and make it more porous, I'm leaving it plain for now.  I will probably hot glue some ribbon around it in the near future.

Here's the How-To:




Too easy, right?

I think it adds just the right amount of design element to this area that gets a lot of use in our house.

Can't wait to finish it off with the ribbon border! 
I'm thinking a velvety turquoise ribbon will look splendid.

Enjoy!

-Annie
Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this! Love the stripes, that it is such an easy fix, and that it looks so fabulous! I think I would paint mine teal, I am so into that color right now! :-)

notyet100 said...

this looks so classy

KellyH said...

Nicely Dressed up!!!

Shane and McKenzee said...

Annie I just barely bought a cork board and have been look for something fun to do to it!!! What a cute idea

Michelle Life Buy The Beach said...

Great way to dress up an ugly board... you make it look easy to get the lines straight.

Have I told you yet that the header of your blog! It makes me smile big when get here. Love your logo and colors. Makes me happy!

Heather said...

Love how it turned out. We have one with a metal frame that I hot glued ribbon all around -- never would have thought to paint the cork...thinking I will be doing that sometime in the near future though thanks to you ;)

Simply Sara said...

I did this over the weekend, I will show you the finished product when I am done, love how it looks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...