Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Feb 17, 2011

{Bathroom Makeover}

A few months ago we gave our main-floor bathroom a much-needed makeover.

Let me just give a disclaimer that this room is nearly impossible to get decent pictures of...it's a tight, weird space with bad lighting and a huge mirror. The new color of the walls is quite a bit duller in real life than it looks in these pictures.

When we moved into this house in 2003, I had a momentary lapse in judgement and painted my bathroom yellow. I'd always wanted a yellow bathroom for some reason, even though I've never been a huge fan of the color. I almost immediately regretted it, and THEN...I had another lapse in judgement....that lasted seven years.
It wasn't that I was lazy and didn't want to do the work to re-paint it. Well, maybe I'm a little lazy. But it was mainly because I'm stubborn.
I wanted yellow, I painted it yellow, and I'm darn well going to live with the yellow.
I wonder about myself sometimes.

Anyway...onto the visuals:

Before:



I'll bet you agree...the yellow and blue had to go.

After:



We painted the walls in Behr's Mother Nature:


(I told you the pictures don't show the true color!)

We added beadboard wainscoting and painted it white,


changed out the shower curtain,


and added some fun accessories.


I found this metal clock at a thrift store...it was white but I spray-painted it glossy black and added a new timepiece so that it actually works.


We made some very simple changes over a long weekend and we are loving the results! I should never have waited SEVEN YEARS!

--Tammy
*Click HERE to see all the Linky parties we participate in!*
Pin It

21 comments:

Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont said...

Your bathroom redo looks great, Tammy! I like how the shapes on the shower curtain match the feel of your new clock. Also, I love your comments about the word VOILA on the sidebar. Too funny! :)

Malory {Snips & Spice} said...

That looks so nice! I really like the redo.

ElliottMom said...

Love it! Where did you get that shower curtain?

Jocelyn said...

Your redo looks amazing! I love the white and black against that wall color:-)

Susan in SC said...

So pretty! Love the paint color and the accents.

danandcami said...

Tammy I LOVE it!!! I am wanting to redo my RED kitchen that has also been that way for 7 years. I guess we can call it the 7 year itch huh? Can't wait to see you all!

Karen said...

OOOH, I love it! The shower curtain is so cool. I love the paint you chose too!!

Unknown said...

Visiting from HOH tonight. I love the transformation! Gorgeous! Green, black, and beadboard bathrooms are my fav! Great job!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

This looks so awesome1 I love black and white!!! Please check out the party I host every Friday... we would love to have your projects linked up! http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-make-your-blog.html

Nancy @ Wrapped In Love said...

Your bathroom looks awesome! I love the colors!

Nancy

Anna said...

I LOVE the new shower curtain! Great transformation.

Anna
www.askannamoseley.com

Joy said...

The changes make it much more calm and serene now. Great choices!

Chrissy said...

Oh your bathroom transformation turned out gorgeous. I just love that shower curtain. Is the color on the wall more green or gray?
I am looking at doing some wainscoting too :)
I am now a follower.
Thanks for sharing.

Delightful Order said...

I love your makeover! I'm inviting you to visit my site & enter to win a Starbucks Gift Card. http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/02/starbucks-giveaway.html
DaNita

Sachiko said...

Very nice, the after picture is so much more prettier! Thank you for linking to my party!

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely beautiful! I love the metal clock and the color of the walls.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Love that shower curtain! That "Mother Nature" color looks great paired with the black & white. I get what you mean with the yellow {it was my former office's color for five years. it got old real quick}

If you have a moment this weekend, please link up and share this bathroom with my readers!

Creative Juice

{Peppermint Plum} said...

A couple people have asked about the shower curtain...I got it at Target!
Tammy

Grammy Goodwill said...

Looks terrific.

Ladybird Ln said...

Wow, I love it, I love the boutique feeling of the bathroom, and the bead board!

ladybirdln.blogspot.com

inkpenart said...

It's nice to see a blog post about a room that's even remotely similar to the size of mine!
I did the wainscot and the 'tin tile' wallpaper above it and on the ceiling in my bathroom...I LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...