Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Jan 29, 2011

{Pillow Sash}


Here is a cute and easy way to decorate for Valentine's Day.
It's a pillow sash!

I bought the ribbon on after-Christmas clearance, and I found the little wooden heart medallion for $1 at Michael's.


I added some velcro to the back for easy removal, and my plain sweater pillow is now a Valentine's Pillow!

If you are interested in making your own sweater pillows, Brassy Apple has a great tutorial. I can't wait to make one like hers...


...the one in front is my favorite! I just found a sweater with ribbing like that at Goodwill last week, and it's burning a hole in my new sewing tableHowever...we are in the midst of painting our kitchen so it might be awhile before I can start a new project.

While I was at it this morning, I whipped up a St. Patrick's Day pillow sash with more of my after-Christmas clearance ribbon. 


Here is my new Valentine's pillow next to its friend on the couch.
What a fun and easy way to add some LOVE to the room!


--Tammy

p.s. Don't forget to link up to our first linky party...it ends on Sunday.
p.p.s. Don't you just love the word sash? It's just fun to say. Sashhhhhh. Sashhhhhh. Sashhhhh. I'm going to sashay across the room with my new sash....

* Please click HERE to see all the lovely Linky Parties we like to participate in!*



Pin It

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Love it- such a great idea! Very cute- you could whip up a sash for every season!

shelley said...

i love this! the pillow sash is so different and wonderful! thanks for sharing :)

Laine said...

Super Cute! Love how interchangeable your pillows can be with a Sassshhhh ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...