Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Jan 24, 2011

{Eat Your Veggies}


Why is it that when someone else prepares fresh vegetables they always look so much more appetizing than when I chop them myself?
Or is it just me?

Well...Aunt Peggy blew us away at our family Christmas party a few weeks ago with this:


So today I tried my best to copy it:

My friend, Norma, suggested putting the dip inside a pepper to make it even more fun!


Sometimes it's all about the presentation, folks.

Veggies are veggies, but when you take the time to make them look posh (that's a fancy word for fancy), they magically dissappear! 


sorry...I promise I won't imitate Fancy Nancy again...
--Tammy

...linking to...
Recipe Swap Sundays
Made With Love Mondays

Pin It

10 comments:

Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts said...

What a great idea!! I will def use this the next time we have people over.

xx-Kristyn

Bonnie said...

I will be stealing um.... borrowing ... this idea for my next get together. Thank you.

melanie said...

I think I just may use this to make myself eat more veggies, and snack healthier throughout the day! :) Who needs a party!? ;)

NYNYStake said...

I'm so proud. My first contribution to any crafty blog! You eat with your eyes folks!

ellie g said...

I REALLY like this! How many times do I have to take a veggie tray? lots! Thanks for this BRILLIANT display idea!

Laura said...

This looks awesome! I love the dip in the pepper idea. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love the presentation, but even more, my granddaughter and I LOVE Fancy Nancy!! She is just the coolest!

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea. I will be using this for a bridal shower.

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Don't you just love the fabulous colors nature has...well, naturally?! How stunning would this look on a buffet table at any event! Great fun post.

Elizabeth said...

So beautiful! I featured this yumminess on my Weigh In Wednesday Post today! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/2011/01/weigh-in-wednesday_26.html Feel free to grab the featured button from my sidebar! I also added your link party button to my party page! I'll stop by and link up later. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...