Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Apr 6, 2011

{My Mantel is Having an Identity Crisis}


 Do you remember a few weeks ago when I created these inexpensive arrangements for my mantel?

And remember how I loved the simplicity of my mantel's new look?

Well, that was true...I did love it...
...until I saw
this post from Centsational Girl!

Can you believe how beautiful her mantel display is?

I spent about 5 minutes staring at it and becoming green with envy (that mirror!) until I realized that I can re-create my own version with a few things I already had...and a can of trusty white spray paint.


I "shopped my house" and came up with a few items that I thought would work, patiently waited for a non-windy day to spray paint, and then tried to set it all up in a similar way. 

Of course it's not nearly as perfect as CG's (that mirror!), but I am so happy with how it ended up, and the best part is....
I didn't spend any money!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Oh, and why, YES!  I do plan on doing something about that dirty brick fireplace and ugly shiny brass on the wood stove. Stay tuned...

Don't worry, my Dollar Tree Mantel Vases are happy in their new home...the front room.


Projects like this are a great reminder to me that I can have beautiful spaces that I love without spending a lot of money!

--Tammy

*Please click HERE to see the lovely linky parties we participate in!*


and this fun event is going on this week, too:




Pin It

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just absolutely adore your mirror!! It's completely gorgeous =) A bit of white though makes for a lovely springtime look x

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, what a fabulous transformation you got with paint! It makes you realise not to judge something on first appearances!

Heather said...

Hi! I'm Heather, your newest follower! I found you through Oopsey Daisy & am already in love with your blog!!

Have a blessed day!

Heather @ Catfish Kisses

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

That is Go-Jus!!! Love it!
I would LOVE to have you link up to my PARTY! WHASSUP WEDNESDAY!!

And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)




*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara

Ali Richardson said...

SO SO SO SO pretty!!! I love it!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

this is beautiful! clean and gorgeous looking :)

I'd love for you to link this up to my new link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-1.html

Lisalulu said...

just found your blog... and I think I'm going to have to stay awhile.. LOVE your style, and of course ideas and on and on. got to go and read more!!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love your new arrangement! It looks really beautiful! All the white looks so nice and fresh. Perfect for Spring!

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

I love the fresh look of white! Good choice!

Ellen said...

It really looks nice. It looks so fresh and springy now!

Erin said...

Looks great! I like the non-symmetrical look: real, but classy.

Sara said...

So pretty! It's so clean and fresh. I love the white. Beautiful job!!

Sunni said...

Love the makeover! I really need to do SOMETHING to my mantel. Thanks for the inspiration!

http://sunnissideoflife.blogspot.com/

Leen said...

It's lovely! So clean and springy :)

now I have to go check out CG's :)

Unknown said...

I have to admit that I clicked on your post just envy your mirror! LOVE it!!

Michelle Life Buy The Beach said...

I love the change...Looks soo good. I have a gigantic TV above my fireplace and wish I could put my mantel to better use. Great Job! Love that you used stuff you already had.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...