Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Apr 18, 2011

{sewn BUNNY candy pouch}


I decided to use my original sewn paper candy pouch tutorial to make something just as cute (if not cuter) for Easter!

This really is such a simple way to make a BIG statement.
Who wouldn't love to tear right into this {chocolate} bunny to get to the treats hidden inside?


I used brown craft paper here and inked it up with distressing ink to make it look more chocolatey.  The googly eyes definitely add an element of cuteness, don't you think?


I just drew this bunny free-hand, but I'm sure you could find any shape you want to use to copy or trace for your candy pouch. An egg-shaped pouch would be cute, too!
This little guy is about 9 inches tall and is filled with jelly beans.

Perhaps the Easter Bunny reads this blog and will decide to leave a few sewn candy pouches in YOUR Easter baskets this year!

* * * * *

You can find my original tutorial on how to make the candy pouches here:


-Annie


UndertheTableandDreaming 

*click HERE to see the awesome linky parties we participate in!*





Pin It

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could bear to tear his little guy open, so cute! =) x

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Okay, I'm dying at the cuteness of this project! Just stumbled and tweeted this post... well done!

Emily said...

what a darling idea!
I am going to have to make some of these cute little bunnies for my little boys this Easter. thanks for the great idea!
-emily
nestnestingnested.blogspot

Ali Richardson said...

OH MY!!! Probably up there on the list of the cutest things I've ever seen :)

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

So incredibly cute!! I LOVE the googly eye! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm your newest follower :)

Hannah @HannahHandmade said...

Aw, super cute! Head on over to my blog to enter my giveaway, it ends tonight! :)))

Rachel said...

that is adorable!!! I need to make some now!!! :) thanks for sharing!

Kelli W said...

That is too adorable! I love the little eye:) A white pom pom would have been cute for a tail too!

Jackie said...

Fabulous idea!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Simply adorable! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Kath said...

so cute!!!! I'm in love. what a cute blog too! saw you on funky polkadot giraffe.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

This is so incredibly adorable! I wish I’d seen it earlier...but now you’re giving me other ideas...thanks for sharing!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Just featured this post on my Wednesday's Wowzers:

http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2011/04/wednesdays-wowzers-almost-time-for-egg.html

Yes, you are becoming frequent guests over at my place because I want to feature everything you do! Thx for the inspiration!

~Alison

Shannon said...

Too cute! I can't wait to make some.

Maggie Massey said...

Oh, these are great!!! I'm gonna make these for the kids...guess I'd better get on it, huh???
Love your blog! I'm your newest follower...;)

Gretchen said...

how fun it this!!??!

Sabr said...

what a fun surprise! great idea!!

Katherine said...

So cute- I wouldn't want to take the treat out! Thanks for linking up last week (sorry so late!) :)

Cassie said...

You totally rock and we featured you today at Paper Issues!!! http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2011/04/sewn-puch-tutorial.html

Thanks for linking up! =)

Jocelyn said...

This is FABULOUS!!!! So glad to see you featured at Paper Issues!!!

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steph said...

This is seriously adorable! My kids would love finding this in their baskets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...