Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Sep 9, 2011

{Lavender Linen Spray}


Did you know you can make your own linen spray at the cost of pennies? It's really easy, too!


This spray is very versatile. I use it to freshen up carpet, couches, even the air. A few spritzes in a room really liven up the place! A light spray of lavender helps anything smell fresh and relaxing.

I even make an alcohol-free batch and use it to tame my daughter's super-curly hair in the morning. She gets a big smile on her face when she smells the lovely scent :) And the natural oil helps keep her hair hydrated in our dry climate.


What you'll need:
A spray bottle
1 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp rubbing alcohol
100% pure essential lavender oil*
(*found at health food stores)

Boil water in a small pan for about 10 minutes to rid of any impurities. Cool to room temperature, and add alcohol and 20-50 drops of essential oil, depending on how strong you want your spray to be scented. I keep it at 20 drops. Stir to mix; use a funnel to fill spray bottle.

You can be creative with your scents...you can mix 2 different oils to get a unique flavor. One day I'm going to do Sandalwood and Vanilla. Mmmmmm....

 I like to make a large batch of this spray each time and fill several bottles at once. The oils are a little pricey...my tiny bottle was $12. But it goes a LONG way. I've made several batches and have hardly made a dent.

Add a cute tag and you have a thoughtful hostess or housewarming gift.


Here's what's typed on the back of my tag (click to view larger and to save/print if you'd like):

Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea! I have tons of different kinds of essential oils. I wonder if all of them would work the same way. I didn't realize I would need to add alcohol either so thanks for the tutorial.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...