Hello, readers! Although we are no longer posting new items on our blog, we are keeping it available so you can browse through our past posts. Thanks for visiting!

Aug 31, 2011

{Strawberry Cookie Bars}

IMG_4849 main
When I see fresh strawberries at the grocery store in the spring, these bars are the first thing I think of. And then I make them all summer long until the prices of berries go up and the quality goes down.

My friend Liz gave me this recipe a few years ago, and it quickly became one of my favorite treats.

These bars are different from anything I’ve ever eaten. The texture is amazing, and the mixture of flavors is divine! Every time I take them somewhere, people ask me for the recipe.

And no one can believe it when they find out how easy and quick they are.

{Strawberry Cookie Bars}

1 large tube refrigerated cookie dough*

8 oz. cream cheese

1/3 cup sugar

1 T cocoa

2 cups Cool Whip

2 cups sliced strawberries

1 cup chocolate chips (mini are best!)



*Now listen up, friends…I’m not usually one to use store-bought dough, for any reason. But I’ve tried this recipe with homemade cookie dough and it wasn’t as good! Trust me on this one and just

fork out the dough for this dough:file_34_107
Preheat oven to 350. Spread the cookie dough evenly onto a cookie sheet.

{Note: If you use a big cookie sheet, you will end up with bars that are firm enough to hold in your hand. If you use a smaller one, you will have a softer bar that is more messy. Both ways are delicious…it just depends on what you’re going for.}

IMG_4838

Bake cookie dough for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa and beat until smooth.
Stir in Cool Whip.
Spread mixture evenly on top of cooled cookie layer.

Top with sliced strawberries and mini chocolate chips
{I never measure these…I just sprinkle until it looks just right}.

Refrigerate until serving.

IMG_4848

Strawberries, cream cheese, and chocolate
OH, MY!

IMG_4849 main

--Tammy

*Click HERE to see the lovely linky parties we participate in!*
 
Pin It

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness, these sound amazing :) I might just have to try these out!

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

Oh my this looks amazing. But I have never heard of refrigerated cookie dough so for me I will have to make my own!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...